Thursday, August 14, 2008

Edmonton

As much as it pains me to say, I haven't found much interesting in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta. Sure, they have their own appeal. If you're a farmer! I don't want to take anything away from those Provinces because they are much better than the breadbasket of the US. The greens are greener and the farms seem a little bit more environmentally friendly than those in the US.
I spent three days in Edmonton (actually 2.5) to take care of my 12,000 mile service. The other day, someone said that they thought I was having a lot of troubles with the bike because I had it in the shop again (NYC was last place) and now here. Just to clear things up, these are just interval services to maintain the bike and keep the warranty valid.
Lets see, Edmonton... what can I say about Edmonton? Not much I guess. Here are a couple of pics - it rained one day, so I didn't take as many as I might have liked and there really isn't a whole lot of stuff there that was of much interest to me.

I did like Whyte Street. It is a cross between Broadway and Colfax (Just the part from Josephine to Madison) in Denver, Bleeker Street in NYC, downtown Portland, ME and something in Seattle. There are fine dining choices, low dining choices, middle of the road choices, bars, pubs, skanky little dives, art cinemas, art theaters, art galleries, gelato joints, ice creameries - this 3+/- mile road seemed to have it all. It was very easy to just chill out and walk around people watching.

No comments: