Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Hampshire

At one time I had an opinion that Texas was the worst state I had been to, but that has changed. I now have a new contender... Massachusetts. I should have listened to Bob and Kate when they offered for me to stay in their guest house in Rhode Island and see a bit more of the Ocean State. Bob told me that I should spend more time checking out RI instead of going to Cape Cod.
About 100 miles north of Concord, New Hampshire is a 37 mile road that snakes along the north side of Mt Kancamagus. There is a lot of activity in the town before the Kancamagus Highway and the town at the other end. This is also situated in the heart of the White Mountain National Park with plenty of things for people to do... including catching some rays while reading the USA Today.
Would you play in these waters?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
They would.
Seemed a like a place where you would have signs cautioning people, but this is one of those places that has not succumbed to the fear culture that we have in America. Very refreshing!
To the south of this road is Mt K and to the north is Mt Washington which is the home to the worst weather in the world. It (Mt W) also has one of the narrowest two way roads that I have been on. I am happy that I had good weather - bad weather would have caused me to suck the seat up into my... sorry, too graphic. 
All the really cool places get a cog railroad. I want one!!
This truly does look better in its original size (... don't they all!)
It doesn't look as imposing from this angle. Perhaps if you squint...

No comments: