Tuesday, October 23, 2007

18 October 2007

I had a nice walk through the Alcazar Palace Gardens today. It gave me some time to reflect on the good times that I had with everyone on this trip. I was hoping to be able to spend more time with everyone, at least a few days. In reality it is a good thing that they went to Cadiz. It will allow me more time to get to Valencia to drop of the motorcycle. I would have had to rush and stay on the interstates if I didn’t leave tomorrow. As it is, it appears that I will be stopping for lunch in Cordoba (if I get in early tonight) and bed down in Granada tomorrow night. We shall see…

Off to find a bite to eat and shoot the cathedral at night. I am looking forward to that.

I think that the ride around Seville to find petrol and trying to find the one road that takes someone in to the cathedral tried my patience for more than a few minutes at the cathedral with the camera. I did, however, find a great little restaurant that served porcini mushroom stuffed ravioli with a very decadent gorgonzola/cream sauce. It is unfortunate that I didn’t order a whole portion instead of settling for the half order. That was followed by a tuna steak pan fried to a med rare covered in caramelized onions and pine nuts (also caramelized). For future reference that restaurant is named La Mesa Moderna and is just a block off the square of the cathedral’s entrance (on way to Pizzeria San Marco).

I would like to sleep in a bit tomorrow, but I have to start back north. I don’t want to have to do it all in one or two days…that would be painful and not so much fun. The whole purpose is to see all I can from the bike and I just can’t do that from the interstate. I think I am finally getting tired. I am frustrated that every time that I want to wake early that I procrastinate sleeping until I am miserable the next morning until I get started.

Broken sleep pattern
Delays the start of my day
I can’t change my spots


Ok, the plan is for Cordoba and Grenada tomorrow. After that I will have to consult the swami for guidance.

No comments: